Join our team and experience the reward of giving.
Our committees and office staff are ready to welcome you to the growing volunteer team. Whether you plan to help on a part-time, as needed, short or long term project, we’d love for you to join us. If you would like to learn more about our committees, click here. Read more about volunteering before you commit, here.
- ArtWauk Ambassadors: ArtWauk is a monthly event which allows free and full access to art galleries and other venues throughout our Main Street District. ArtWauk Ambassadors distribute programs, provide directions, and are tour guides on the trolley.
- Saturday Downtown Clean-Up: We help keep our downtown looking beautiful throughout the year and could use your help! Bags and gloves are supplied, but we need helping hands to keep the Main Street District clean! Call the office (847) 623-6650 for the next scheduled clean-up. This is a wonderful family volunteer event.
- Amstutz Clean-Up: We are part of the Illinois Adopt-a-Highway program and our highway is the Amstutz! It’s part of the Main Street District and runs along our front yard, so it’s up to us to keep it clean. The next clean-up date is EARTH DAY, Saturday April 22, 2017. We meet at 10AM at North Shore Printers, 535 S. Sheridan Road (at the south end of the Amstutz) and shuttle volunteers to different starting points so no one walks the entire distance.
- General Office: Never enough hours in the day! In this role you will help cover the office hours and help with administrative tasks. Learn how to answer phones, log messages, fulfill membership mailings, and work with Microsoft Office products. If you would like to keep your skills sharp – or if you are looking to learn a new set of skills – this is for you!
Want to Help with Long-Term Projects?
- Serve on any of standing committees: Design, Organization, Membership, Promotions, or Economic Development. Committee members plan projects and events that help make downtown Waukegan an exciting place to live, work and play; work on the look of downtown; fundraise for us.
- Serve on the Board of Directors to guide the direction of the organization.
Register as Volunteer Today:
- Online Registration
- Download .pdf – You may scan and e-mail to email@example.com or mail to 214 W. Washington Street, 2nd Floor, Waukegan, IL 60085
Waukegan Main Street follows the national Main Street Approach®, a proven four-point model for community and economic development through historic preservation. Read about it at About WMS, or at the Illinois Main Street website.
For details about volunteering, please contact the Waukegan Main Street office at 847-623-6650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.