During this season of giving we want to GIVE THANKS for all of your continued support of Waukegan Main Street and the businesses in our Main Street Business. Small Business Saturday on November 26th was a resounding success with great weather, registers ringing and an all-around festive atmosphere including Santa at the Genesee Theatre and the tree lighting in Jack Benny Plaza. If you didn’t have the opportunity to shop local on Small Business Saturday remember that the boutiques, shops and restaurants remain the mainstays for holiday giving!
You have another big opportunity to enjoy holiday cheer in our Arts & Entertainment District on Saturday, December 17th with the annual HolidayWauk – December ArtWauk! This fun event offers free and inexpensive activities for the whole family, so bundle up, bring your camera and head downtown! Here’s a smattering of the offerings:
- Ice sculpting by Art Below Zero and pictures with Santa in Jack Benny Plaza!
- Ornament decorating at Tufo Art Gallery – this free activity is popular with kids of all ages!
- Swing by Candy Cane Lane in the South Genesee Merchants Block for pictures with LIVE reindeer, a hot chocolate bar at Sweet Treasures Resale and listening to the Waukegan High School Tri-M Choir at Your This and That Shop - and more!
- Enjoy Kinder Fest at Karcher 405 Gallery, Kids’ Creative Session at The Mic and shopping and mingling at Sidecar Studios – all in the Karcher Art Lofts!
- Enjoy LIVE music at Family Piano, Green Town Tavern and The Bunker!
- Take in a LIVE show at Genesee Theatre or Three Brothers Theatre!
- Hop on and off the FREE Greentown Trolley to get you from one happy stop to the next!
- … and so much more!
We look forward to seeing you downtown and hope your holidays and the New Year are bright and happy!